- Write it out for only you will read it.
- Shout it out where only you will hear it.
- Talk it out with a friend, therapist or support group.
- Take responsibility for your part in the break up, if any.
- Identify what triggers your anger.
- Think before you respond.
- Keep children out of any conflicts.
- Take the each problem out to its maximum effect - it probably will not be that bad.
- Choose your battles carefully - let small stuff go.
- Express feelings rather than tossing out accusations.
- Acknowledge your sadness - allow yourself to grieve.
- Forgive, let go-let god, move on.
- Defuse anger by listening.
- Identify where you can help.
- Walk away or end the call if you are not able to handle what is being said.
- Establish limits of what you will take and how you will be treated.
- Heal yourself.
If you need assistance just call Mr. Radoff's office at:
(800) 595-2948 to set up an in office appointment. You may also receive a phone consultation for which Mr. Radoff charges $39.95 charged to your bank or credit card.
For more information order Mr. Radoff's Divorce Checklist now! (click